Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Thank You: April 28, 2020


Focus: What is quarantine offering us that we're grateful for? How do we use our time meaningfully?

1. Optional: Warming up with a creative quarantine writing exercise, created by yours truly

2. Required: Composing your next culminating essay post; in a nutshell, you're writing about Subpoint #2 (aka, your second insight / claim) that you uncovered in your brainstorming last week. You can make it as memoir-ish, as literary, or as philosophical as you like. I'm in the process of writing mine right now--will post it as soon as I'm done.

Note: Because of my concussion, I'm going to be a bit slow in giving you feedback. I will read every single word you write, and I will give you feedback--I promise. But I need to practice my screen safely to avoid permanent damage to brain. 

There's no one right way to write your blog, so just ask yourself this:

Does my post feel finished, at least for the day?

Did I bring in a few different texts?

Did it feel at least kind of good to write it? Do I feel kind of proud of this?

Does it sound like me?

If the answer is yes to all of the questions above, then you're doing it right! If your answer is no to any of the above questions, then what can you do to turn it into a "yes"?

Weekly Endeavors:

Required: 

1. YESTERDAY: 
  • Follow the steps posted in yesterday's blog and complete your timed writing (in your school e-mail).

2. TODAY: 
  • Complete the next big installment of your Big Question Blog, which is to explore the second subpoint (claim / insight) you uncovered in your brainstorming a few weeks ago. I'm working on mine as an example, but it's quite similar to the blog post you did 2 weeks ago. Please post this before you go to bed tonight.

3. THURSDAY: 
  • Attend our live timed writing workshop at 1:30.

4. BY FRIDAY: 
  • Watch the A.P. Lit review session that will help you the most; add your name and takeaways to this document (and here's the screencast explaining this assignment, also posted above).


Optional: 

5. Creative writing / mental health exercise posted on Tuesdays


6. Ongoing Vocabulary:
  • Review Lists 1-7 and take the cumulative test linked HERE.
  • Check Quizlet for brand-new List #8 and start getting to know those words. An optional quiz is now available and linked here.


No comments:

Post a Comment