Friday, April 3, 2020

Book Clubbing, Day 3: April 3, 2020

Focus: How do authorial choices about structure contribute to your interpretation of the novel?

1. Warming up by watching my screencast on Back-to-Basics Lesson #4: Structure (7 min)
Steel structure Architecture construction Abstract Background
  • Click HERE for the screencast.
  • Click HERE if you'd like access to all Back-to-Basics slides.
2. Meeting virtually with your book club (20-30 min)
  • Make sure that your syllabus is in your shared folder.
  • Type notes on the syllabus to let me know what you're talking about, wondering, etc.
  • If you ever want me to be part of your book club meeting, just let me know!
HW:
1. TUESDAY: Complete your next culminating essay blog prompt (brainstorming, outlining, and loose thesis). Click HERE for my screencast on this messy (but kinda fun) process.

2. WEDNESDAY: Peruse each other's blog posts and leave some comments. 

3. THURSDAY: Complete the next timed writing and submit it before our 1:30 workshop (I will assign the prompt as soon as I know which type of question will be on the real test).

4. FRIDAY: Assigned reading, syllabus, and virtual meeting for Book Club #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment